The purpose of BIOKON international is widespread. We...
- combine resources and competencies in the area of biomimetics, bionics and bioinspired technologies
- strengthen interdisciplinary contacts and cooperation (covers R&D, education and industrial applications)
- increase visibility of biomimetics (e.g. calls), foster allocation of funding budgets dedicated to biomimetics
- apply for concerted R&D-projects within the EU Framework Programmes (FP7 / FP 8)
- initiate, execute or attend international research, development and implementation projects in the area of biomimetics
- support knowledge and technology transfer
- organize and execute scientific and publicly effective events (e.g. conferences, workshops) and exhibitions
- promote education and training measures
- push lobbying activities in science, business, politics and society
- strengthen the competitiveness of biomimetics
Our overall aim is to turn scientific knowledge into beneficial practice.